On February 18th, 2011 Alexis went into Sacred Heart Children's Hospital. She had her MRI done by Dr. Sokolove (sp). He was great. He was in there the whole time. Seemed like a young but wonderful Dr.
We arrived early in the morning. Her appt. to go into the MRI was 10:30am but she didn't actually get in until about 11:40am.
The MRI was a 2 hour procedure. And they used "Precedex" (sp) for her anesthesia. I guess it is a fairly newer drug. They told us that it would take about an hour to two hours to wake up.
It took a little longer for her to wake! She was out and in recovery at 2pm. We were in the recovery until about 4pm, I think. She did wake enough to be able to go home.
And I don't think she fully awoke until 9pm that night. We were able to tell that she was coherent and understanding what we were saying. Her dad was right there and he was talking to her...he said she is such a cute little bugger...she thought he had said she is a "booger"! And her little fingers started to pinch his! Lol. He kept telling Alexis to OPEN your eyes...she said to me, I'm trying!
Now, we are just waiting for the results. I've been so stressed out about all this and haven't been able to sleep very well or eat. Last night, I did get about 13 hours total! Alexis was up off and on, got a little bit of her appetite back.
She was still very groggy and I had to carry her to bathroom.
Today, she is doing well! Seems to have energy again and asked me today...Mom, when am I going to have my MRI???
I said, you already had it! :) Big smiles!!!
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Sacred Heart Children's Hospital MRI
Posted by Julie, Alexis and Chris at 4:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment