BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 11, 2011

Alexis scoliosis journey!

I wanted to share a little bit info about what is going on.  It is very confusing and hard to understand it all.  This all started when we found Scoliosis January 12th 2011.  Thanks to Dr. Joan Burrow.  My chiropractor.  I had asked her to look at Alexis' back.  I didn't have any reason just felt we needed to do that.  She didn't want it looked at but I insisted!  Thank God!
So after quite a journey in finding out & learning about Scoliosis.  We were referred to Shriner's Children's Hospital in Spokane, WA.
They did XRAYS and we found out Alexis has Double Curves and the Thoracic Curve is reversed.  Meaning Curving to the left.  When this happens, there is usually another underlying problem.  So we are trying to get MRI done so this will tell us more.   Tuesday February 8th, we attempted to get MRI done.  They did get a little bit scanned but not enough. 
We have a new appointment scheduled for February 18th for 10:30am (9am check in). 
They will be putting little Alexis to sleep so this will be done in the Pediatric Surgery Unit.   

Left Thoracic Scoliosis



- Discussion:
    - left thoracic curvatures are uncommon (1-2% of curves)
    - associatted conditions: (33 % of patients)
          - occult syrinx;
                - treatment of the scoliosis without recognition of syringomyelia and
                      Chiari malformation can lead to paraplegia;
          - Arnold-Chiari
          - spinal cord tumor;
          - neuromuscular disorder;
    - MRI is usually indicated;

0 comments: